Brexit/customs charges for EU customers
Fuzzbutt is based in the UK so this page is for all my EU customers to make them aware that now the UK has left the EU, if you order from me and you live in any EU member country, your order could be subject to VAT at your country's rate, plus potential import taxes and a possible handling fee. Please see below for an extract from the Royal Mail website:
- Items sent to the EU from England, Scotland and Wales are subject to VAT and duties in the EU. The value of goods thresholds are detailed below.
- From 1st July 2021 there will no longer be an exemption on orders valued at under €22 (including shipping costs) and they will be subject to import taxes and a customs handling fee at the point of delivery - which means that my EU customers will have to pay these charges.
- The customs authorities in the destination country and the customs thresholds in place determine if charges are due on imported goods.
- The levels and thresholds of charges vary from country to country. Royal Mail cannot advise on what these may be.
- Please contact the relevant delivery service(s) for your country to find out what charges you may be facing.
This website here has more information on the charges and how they are calculated. If anything I've said here is incorrect or you have any further useful information then do let me know, as all these new rules and regulations are making my head spin.